GARDEN ROUTE BOTANICAL GARDEN
The Garden Route Botanical Garden is a non-profit organisation in the heart of George, nestled underneath the Outeniqua Mountains.
This 19ha oasis is focused on the conservation and display of the Garden Route’s flora and fauna, highlighting the significance of our local biodiversity and its role in providing sustainability for future generations. Our sister organisation Birds Of Prey Rehabilitation Center is also located on our premises.
- Interesting displays and trails showcase the diversity of fynbos, forest and succulents
- Enjoy bird watching at our bird hide and historical dam
- Attend nightlife and night market events
- Join the Park Run on Saturdays
- Visit our Indigenous Nursery and Tea Garden Restaurant
- Hosts music and wedding events at our various venues
- Stunning views of the Outeniqua Mountains
- Hosts fun educational experiences to schools and community members
- We have multiple volunteer opportunities where you can get your hands dirty, learn about indigenous plants and make a difference!
- Entrance : R20.00p.p. | Children u/12 enter free | Dogs are welcome
We encourage our visitors to practice mindfulness regarding their waste, making use of our recycling stations and compost bins. We discourage single use plastics, balloons and confetti and encourage lots of photographs, smelling of flowers and enjoying the views!
Get in Touch
Decimal Degrees (WGS84)
Degrees, Minutes & Seconds
Latitude: S33 56 47
Longitude: E22 27 46
Latitude: S 33 56.786
Longitude: E 22 27.773